Concept of Artificial Intelligence. How to Work with Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial intelligence research is currently an excellent education that has expanding market demand. So, its future is supposed to be bright as technology increases. To conduct artificial intelligence research successfully, it is wise to get your master’s or doctorate in computer science or cognitive science. Also, you will need a good grounding in programming and system analysis, as well as knowledge of several computer languages.
The year 2000 came and has gone. Despite the predictions of countless sci-fi novels and movies, the world has yet to witness the emergence of true artificial intelligence a computer with the cognitive abilities (and presumably the consciousness) of an average person. Does this mean the AI effort is ruined to failure? Read on to discover the current lines of thought about “machines with souls.”
1. There are two basic approaches to AI: “top-down” and “bottom-up.” The “bottom-up” technique is the one most folks are familiar with; it involves programming as many rules as possible (millions and millions of lines of code) in an attempt to reach the level of complexity at which true intelligence emerged. But the majority of computer scientists think the “top-down” approach-which allows a computer to “learn” about its environment starting from a few basic principles-is more promising.
2. The ultimate goal is to pass the Turing Test. In a typical Turing Test, a human interrogator conducts two concurrent conversations via instant messaging: one with a human subject, and one with a computer that has most probably attained human-level intelligence. If at the hours of the day’s end of the talk, the interrogators can’t tell which subject is human and which is artificial, then the computer is measured to have passed the test and attained a human level of cognition.
3. Reverse engineering may be key as researchers are able to explore the functioning of the human brain is superior and larger detail, it may be possible to model a computer on the complex functioning of billions of neurons-thus invoking AI by simulating the human brain. Although the technology isn’t quite there yet, many experts believe such “reverse-engineering” will provide most of the advances in future AI.
4. Computer consciousness may be an unachievable goal. Most scientists have the same opinion that if a computer passes a Turing experiment, there’s no reason to deny that it’s someway “conscious.” However, a minority of physicists and mathematicians believe that computers will never be able to attain awareness, for technical reasons related to the limited ability of a logical system to understand its own operating principles.
5. A truly intelligent computer may be random. Once a computer has reached a human level of cognition, it may be possible for that computer (in cooperation with others of its kind) to design a yet more advanced computer that will be beyond a human’s ability to understand. This, briefly, is what all those sci-fi writers were worried about: once this point has been reached, it’s likely that computers truly will take over the world!
Work with Artificial Intelligence.
Artificial intelligence is a growing market as technology increases to meet new demands. Work in the field is expanding, and the outlook for a future in artificial intelligence is good.
1. Get an excellent education.
Most people who conduct artificial intelligence research have their master’s or doctorate in computer or cognitive science. To succeed, you’ll need a good grounding in programming and systems analysis, as well as knowledge of several computer languages.
2. Work for a university or training facility that conducts artificial intelligence research. These places often have dedicated research groups and the budget to employ you. It should be noted though that many schools require their employees to teach as well.
3. Get a grant or funding to conduct artificial intelligence research. If you can show that your own work has promise, sometimes companies will be willing to invest in your future accomplishments. Government grants also exist. This way, you get to work on exactly what you want and get paid.
4. Become part of an in-house AI group. Many companies now employ their own groups to deal with software and computer-aided instruction. If you’d rather have a more conventional and secure job, this may work for you.
5. Start your own business. Artificial intelligence is a growing field and more people in the industry are taking notice. Forming your own business means you make the decisions and work at your own pace. This does mean, however, that you have more responsibility.